I couldn't sleep all morning. I woke up at 5:25am, sent a text to sleeping Rav to say "can't sleep.. u must be snoring away now.. good nite.. 5:25am", and continued to toss-and-turn in my creaky bed. An hour later, at 6:26am, I just started sobbing and sobbing under my duvet.
At 7:45am, I had to get up for work - Catholic or not, Christmas or not. I sent a text to PJ: "lookg fwd to mass tdy. i am so upset tdy". I had the confidence he would be able to relate. He would understand. He called me back immediately, and I cried and cried on the phone. He did understand.
The boys do not want to go for an Eve Dinner tonight - citing "precipitation" ("any form of water, such as rain, snow, sleet, or hail, that falls to the earth's surface"). I think only one of them is kiasu over this, but the other two boys would wanna come but they followed the herd leader. So I'm upset. Instead of saying "But let's go anyway, Angel is all alone this Christmas... " but no, he had to say they should all just stay at home "because the fog will be thick".
Victoria will be my lifesaver today. She will meet me after work. She will give me the biggest hug ever. "Get a nice piece of Istalif pottery with a lid and put mud inside and give it to Rav. Tell him it is the gift of Afghanistan and that the mud symbolizes renewal.," she said. And the best part: "You are a wonderful person. Just remember that. I think you're a total joy... "

Today I love Vic and PJ - and it's my blessing that God will make me meet them at mass today. Merry Christmas, everyone, I hope you have a better Eve than mine.
