17 December 2006

Word by Word the Book is Made

Today I spent some time updating my Amazon Wishlist to list the books that I have in Kabul. As you can see, I'm more inclined towards books on Asian culture, current issues like globalisation and poverty, basically just anything non-fiction. Here's a photo of my books on my study table in my bedroom:

I am still depressed by the mere thought of me spending my Christmas and New Year in Kabul. All by myself. So I think I'll do what I should do: finish reading all my books, so that I can give them away when I leave Kabul! Day in day out I will be bed-bound and reading a book after another until I finish them all. Today I'm ordering 4 new paperback books from Amazon:
Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by Alexandra Fuller
Scribbling the Cat: Travels with an African Soldier also by Alexandra Fuller (her sequel)
Street Kid: One Child's Desperate Fight for Survival by Judy Westwater
and check this out:
This Diary Will Change Your Life 2007 - I can't wait for this one! Sam, I think this is the kind of book you'd like!