09 April 2007

And I Proved It

Yes, I have proven to myself that I am capable of achieving my dreams which I desire. All I need is visualisation, well-formulated and well-executed strategies and persistence and to accept nothing less!

I have been accepted into the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy in the National University of Singapore [ranked amongst the World's Top 20 and Top 3 universities in Asia in the QS World University Rankings 2006 conducted by the Times Higher Education Supplement (THES)] to study its Master in Public Policy 2007-2009. And the best part of it?! I was awarded a full scholarship to pursue this dream!

It's funny to think how when I was back in school, no one would come to me to ask about studies or how to solve a Math question because I was never at the top of my class. I always had other good classmates who outshine me.

And today I am awarded a S$50,000 scholarship to study when no one else of them has ever received any. I have paid my dues to myself for proving that life can turn around.

I wanna thank His Excellency Deputy Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development of Afghanistan, and also Mr Nasir Andisha of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan and Madeline Loh of UNDP. And the United Nations for the working experience and the entire Afghanistan and its people for welcoming and accepting me.