Over lunch today, I asked him if he would respect my choice of people that I like, and people that I don't. He said yes.
I pointed out that it didn't seem clearly so. I said I just need to know that he understands that sometimes people like people - and sometimes people just don't. The conversation went on and on. Before I knew it, I was choked with emotions and tears streamed down my cheeks.
At first, he was empathic. But as I revealed more, opened up my heart more about his little recent actions that have made me feel slighted, I think I finally broke the straw on his back. Because it ended with "Fine. Let's just stop seeing each other. If everything that I do or say is wrong, let's just stop seeing each other." The words cut the fragile heart like a deep knife, but I also understand that my absurd level of ultra-sensitivity had called for it. I am lucky that it came only now, because the ultimatum is long-overdue.
But of course, it didn't happen. Thankfully, we were able to navigate through the rough waters, and before long, things were back to normal again, running after me to open the doors for me to pass through. Like the gentleman he always is.
I want to say, and I have told you this before, I really appreciate you. You have an amazing level of patience with me. Grazie mille.
