This is my first entry for my weblog, currently named 'New Blogger On The Blog', with the slogan "She was killed by her own thoughts." - Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
As always, the Australian newspaper, The Age opens your eyes and your mind to matters you never knew existed. Example: about an hour ago, I came across an article of it entitled 'The blog brings freedom to the Net', written by a Joanna Mareth (a visiting fellow at Swinburne's Institute for Social Research, she was director of the Electronic Policy Network in Boston, and worked for The American Prospect). I use 'came across' because like most web surfing, you and I often end up not knowing how you ended up in that webpage. You just get carried away - now I can't even recall what was the impression I got from an article entitled such, to lure me to this article, to what I am doing now.
I read the article with great interest, went to both websites recommended by Ms Mareth. The first, Blogger.com had this spunky orange logo and a blobby capital 'B' logo against a pitch-black background, so I liked it almost instantenously (phew, that took quite an effort to spell). The second, Blogspot.com opened a browser window of faint green with funny fonts not made for English. Nothing about blogging or whatsoever. Perhaps wrong routing. But now, it's a website with English-compatible font, and about blogging, but against pale blue. Not liking either colour, I choose to stay with Blogger.com. Yes, people do shop around even when things are free.
With this being my maiden entry, it will be too soon to speak about ths whole blogging activity. But I'm already singing quiet praises for this facility (because there is no one at home now). I've always wanted an online journal since I watched Doogie Howser M. D. (which I have been misled to believe that it is probably an acronym for 'Mad Dog') in secondary school. Well, not exactly online, but he did make it a point to 'type' his diary into his desktop computer before he turns off the light and goes to bed, hands scrubbed. Just that I can't be too sure if he does that nightly, as Doogie was a weekly program. I hope this whole Blogger thingy turns out to be what I want, if not better. Speak to you again soon.
P/S Should I address my weblog like Anne Frank did to her diary?! Dear Kitty...
