17 June 2002

Human Brain and What It Can Do To You

Cool. After much messing around with getting my weblog at Blogger.com and the FTP at my homepage at Angelfire work hand-in-hand, I received a little bit of result, although not the kind that I was after initially. Well, "will do" for the mean time until I get more bloggy-savvy. Hey, did I just create a new IT jargon?! "Bloggy-savvy."

It suddenly dawned on me - why I am writing all this, who am I speaking to, who is hearing me out?! It's like yelling into a hollow tunnel in complete darkness, and the only voice that speaks back at you is your own eerie echo. Sad. That's why I said "She was killed by her own thoughts." Suicidal-sounding, I know, but we human just need to be regularly reminded that our thoughts are not just what that makes us, but kills us too. Especially when you're like me - all bad thoughts and none good.

So my dear friends, please, put your thoughts to good use. Make full use of what we have that animals don't - a brain. That's what my Science teacher taught me in the early chapter of Form 1 syllabus that I could never forget: "What differentiates humans from animals is that we all have brains." Really?! But in words to that effect really, because I studied Science in Malay Language, so it must've gone something like this: "Manusia ada otak. Haiwan tak ada otak."