13 December 2006

If there was one thing...

... you could have for free in Kabul, what would it be?!

I asked Fenja this question this morning, and she was greedy because she asked for two things: wine and Roshan top-up cards for her mobile phone. But Victoria, as it turned out, was even greedier:

"But, honestly, if I had one wish i would wish for more wishes. I would do a number of things with this. I would miraculously educate all afghans, put in a new educated government here, and make men wear burkhas. Women would run the show. Then I would have a jail penalty for any afghan men who spit or blew a snot-rocket on the street and I would make them stand on the street naked for people to jeer at them. Then I would bring in a really high class airline and serve champagne and strawberries even in economy class. this airline would fly to useful destinations. Not fucking Urumqi or fucking Islamabad. We would fly to SIngapore. Paris. London. Copenhagen. New York. Rangoon. Bali. I would think conduct a witch trial campaign into thugish afghans and taliban commanders. They would all be sent to a special facilitiy in Kandahar where they would be raped and kept as pleasure things... "

Hahahah! And me?! I just asked for free shipping so that I could send rotten Afghan raisins to my enemies all over the world and my families and friends could send me anything I asked for because I know they all love me!

The title of the above photo is "What's The Point?!"