I know, negative people must go, but easier said than done and in Kabul, you need someone more than anyone.
I can't believe I told you I sobbed all morning and you did nothing about it. I can't believe you didn't tell the boys you should all take me out because I am a girl, and I am alone in Afghanistan for Christmas. I can't believe I had believed that we were going to an Eve dinner tonight. I can't believe I spent my entire night thinking what to wear to the dinner so that I would look like a million dollars in your eyes. I can't believe I had imagined myself walking up to the restaurant and kissing you on your cheek and make the other boys envy. I can't believe I had raced to the mini-market to buy you a shower curtain because yours was falling apart. I can't believe I was so concerned for your well-being that I bought 2 cartons of 24 individually-wrapped muffins and chocolate cakes so that you wouldn't go hungry in your room.
I can't believe I am not strong to rid you. Negative people must go. You must go.
