I knew I was going to have a full day today. I was pleasantly right. I had a meeting with an alumni of LKYSPP (NUS) who now works as a Research Analyst for RSIS (NTU). He was working for CAP in Kabul, Afghanistan. After the meeting, I went to Jurong Point for lunch - finally got to savour my long-missed Ban Mian!
After the lunch, I went to the LKYSPP in the new Bukit Timah Campus to formalise my registration and collect my new house keys. I told the Programme Manager that I wanted to buy a bedlinen set and asked if she knew the size of the mattresses they are providing us, so that I didn't have to go to the house just to measure the size. Since she didn't, I went to the house, by bus. Two buses.
The house is situated along Toh Tuck Road, where my brother used to live for 6 years. I once stayed with him there for a month in end-1994. The apartment is very good - my only complain is that the walk from the entrance to the unit is so far. That sends me puffing!
