Imagine my surprise when I saw on Page 100, a short note on the Singapore screening of Amir Muhammad's latest ban: documentary film "Village People Radio Show", otherwise known as "Apa Khabar Orang Kampung" in the country that banned his film - none other than his own beloved Malaysia.
Immediately I surfed the net to find out more about it and found out that the Malaysian Censorship Board banned it with 7 reasons, so tongue-in-cheek Amir wrote back with 14 reasons why his film should not be banned. I posted an announcement of this in my Political Islam and Governance online forum, and hope some classmates would join me to the screening in The Arts House here next month.
Tickets are S$8 for public, and yummy, S$6 for students. Funny how you have to be in another country to support the artwork of your fellow countrymen. But like Amir says, there is a silver lining. Bad news is good publicity.
